CALL FOR ART
View Finder: A Juried Members’ Exhibition
Submission Deadline: April 2, 2024
Notifications: by April 10, 2024
Drop off period: April 25 - 28, 2024
Exhibition run: May 9 - June 16, 2024
Juried by: Sarah Montross, Chief Curator, DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum/The Trustees
ArtsWorcester members are invited to submit to View Finder, a juried exhibition of landscapes and streetscapes of Worcester County, Massachusetts. Traditional and reimagined landscapes are welcome, as long as all submissions depict an exterior space located within the county. Participating artists do not need to live in Worcester County.
This is a juried exhibition, meaning that the juror will consider all eligible submissions and select some artworks to be shown at ArtsWorcester. All artist members may submit up to three pieces for consideration. Submission is free for ArtsWorcester members, and membership to ArtsWorcester is required. All media are welcome, including but not limited to painting, sculpture, photography, fiber, fine craft, digital art, and video.
View Finder will be juried by Sarah Montross, Chief Curator, DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum/The Trustees.
Have a question about the call, or want to share what you’re thinking of submitting? Email email@example.com or call the gallery at 508-755-5142.
Please read this list thoroughly before submitting your work. Any works that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- All submissions must be registered through this Submittable form.
- Current ArtsWorcester membership is required to submit. If membership fees are a financial obstacle for you, please write firstname.lastname@example.org or ask in the galleries about the Pay It Forward Fund.
- Each artist may submit up to three works of art for consideration. Each artwork must be submitted separately. There is no additional fee for submitting.
- All work must be original, created within the last five years (2019 onward), and not previously exhibited at ArtsWorcester. For example, a monoprint or screen print is permitted, but a giclee print of a painting is not.
- Wall-hanging artworks- including sculptures that go on the wall- must not exceed 60” in any direction including frame. Artworks that stand on the floor or on a pedestal are limited to 90” in height and 36” at the widest point.
- Works must be exhibition-ready with framing and wire as appropriate. Alternative hanging methods must be tested prior to submission to ensure successful installation, and additional required hardware must be provided.
- Video artists may use ArtsWorcester’s tablets for display on a first-come, first-serve basis. If no tablets are available, or a larger monitor is required, the artist must provide it at the time of installation.
- All artwork submissions must include one high-quality image to be included on the exhibition website. Detail images are suggested.
- Accepted artworks must be brought to ArtsWorcester, 44 Portland Street, Worcester, MA during the designated drop off period. ArtsWorcester cannot accept artworks by mail.
- Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries.