Eleventh Annual One
CALL FOR ART
The Eleventh Annual One: A Members’ Exhibition
ArtsWorcester, 44 Portland Street, Worcester MA
Registration Deadline: June 28
Drop off period: July 13 - 16
Exhibition run: July 27 - August 27
Reception: July 26, 5:30 - 8:30
Pick up period: August 31 - September 3
All ArtsWorcester members are invited to participate in the Eleventh Annual One! Bring us the single piece you want to exhibit most, regardless of medium or theme. To make room for all, wall-hanging artworks- including sculptures that go on the wall- must not exceed 36” in any direction including frame. Artworks that stand on the floor or on a pedestal are limited to 90” in height and 36” at the widest point.
$500 in prizes will be awarded by Gloria Hall, founding director of Worcester’s Art in the Park and Co-Chair of the Mechanics Hall Portraits Project. Gloria Hall connects individuals to public spaces through the cultural arts. Gloria has received numerous accolades for her service to the arts in the city of Worcester, including the 2021 ArtsWorcester Award, the Telegram & Gazette Community Vision Cultural Enrichment Award, and the Worcester County YWCA’s Katherine F. Erskine Award in Arts and Humanities.
This is a non-juried, open members’ exhibition that has no theme. Each artist may register one work, and all registrations must be made online. All media are welcome, including but not limited to fine craft, painting, photography, sculpture, digital, and video. Have a question about the call, or want to share what you’re thinking of submitting? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the gallery at 508-755-5142.
Please read this list thoroughly before registering your work. Any works that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- Current ArtsWorcester membership is required to submit. If membership fees are a financial obstacle to participation, please write email@example.com or ask in the galleries about the Pay It Forward Fund.
- Each artist may submit one artwork.
- All submissions must be made through this Submittable form.
- All work must be original, created within the last five years, and not previously exhibited at ArtsWorcester. For example, a monoprint or screen print is permitted, but a giclee print of a painting is not.
- Two-dimensional or wall-hanging artworks- including sculptures that go on the wall- must not exceed 36” in any direction, including frame.
- Three-dimensional artworks that do not hang on the wall are limited to 90” in height and 36” at the widest point.
- Artworks suspended from the ceiling are limited to 25 pounds.
- Works must be exhibition-ready with framing and wire as appropriate. Alternative hanging methods (suspended from the ceiling, installed with magnets, etc.) must be tested prior to submission to ensure successful installation, and additional required hardware must be provided.
- ArtsWorcester has limited screening devices for video artworks. Video artists may be asked to provide their own screening device that fits the size requirements of two-dimensional artworks.
- All artwork submissions must include one high-quality image to be included on the exhibition website.
- Artwork must be brought to ArtsWorcester, 44 Portland Street, Worcester, MA during the designated drop off period. ArtsWorcester cannot accept or return artworks by mail.
- Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries.