ArtsWorcester invites you to submit proposals for solo and group
exhibitions for our 2018-2019 gallery season and corporate art program. We
also seek performance art for our galleries. Proposals are evaluated first by a panel of art experts, and then by an
ad hoc committee.
traditional media, fine craft, and site-specific installations are all welcome. Proposals should be specific regarding presentation and installation
plans. Selected artists may work with our professional
part of this year’s call for exhibits, we seek submissions specific to the Present
Tense Prize, awarded to an artist whose work exemplifies new
practices, artistic risk-taking, and excellence in execution. The Present Tense
Prize winner receives an award of $1,000 and a solo exhibit, and will give an artist talk. You may submit work for a gallery
exhibit and the Present Tense Prize here concurrently.
One forty-inch video monitor is available for artist use.
For the call and the prize:
- Current ArtsWorcester membership is required for all artists. There is
no geographic restriction on membership, but artists (or their proxy) must
deliver and pick up artwork.
- Artists earn 60% on sales made
through our galleries.
- All submissions must be made
- The submission due date is midnight
on March 29, 2018.
- We will notify you of your
status by the end of June, 2018.
A submission requires:
- 5 images of works (maximum of 2 MB, or 300 dpi at 100%
size; video and performance artists should include 5 thirty-second pieces)
- Group proposals may submit up to ten images total.
- Exhibit proposal, not to exceed 250 words, including the
concept behind the exhibit, the number of works in it, and the status of its
- Artist statement, not to exceed 200 words.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
Artists seeking a solo exhibition may also include:
- 2 images of details of two-dimensional work.
- An additional three images of three-dimensional works from different angles.