ArtsWorcester is calling for artwork that engages with fashions, trends (in art or clothing), and textiles. Five hundred dollars in cash prizes will be awarded by couturier James Hogan III. The awards are sponsored by ArtReach
We are particularly seeking art that
- troubles the divide between art and craft
- involves costume or apparel
- engages with art historical traditions, trends, and fashion
- plays with or complicates representations of gender and the body
- or focuses on pattern, structure, and texture.
- Two-dimensional works are limited to 60 inches in any direction, including frame.
- Any single element of a 3-D work is limited to 40 pounds, and must not exceed 90 inches in height.
Please register your work before March 7, here.
Drop-off: Thursday, March 8, Friday, March 9, and Saturday, March 10, from 12:00 to 4:00 PM.
Opening reception: Friday, March 16, 6:00 to 8:00
Gallery hours: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 12:00 to 4:00
PM, and by appointment.
Collection of unsold artwork: Thursday, April 26, Friday, April 27, Saturday, April 28 between 12:00 – 4:00 PM.