Thank you for your interest in the 2018 College Show. This exhibition will be juried by Mary Tinti, independent curator. You may submit your artwork at any time, but the deadline is midnight on December 1, 2017.
By submitting, you commit to bringing your artwork to ArtsWorcester
between 12:00 and 4:00 PM on Wednesday, January 24, Thursday, January 25 , Friday, January 26, and Saturday, January 27, from 12-4 PM, or by
appointment. Please do not submit artwork if you are not able to make
Please note that you may submit a maximum of three pieces. You'll need to do a separate upload for each piece. Our guidelines:
You must be enrolled in a Worcester-area college or university holding
an institutional membership in ArtsWorcester. (All but MCPHS are
members; if you attend MCPHS, just call and we can figure something
2) Artwork must be original, completed in the last two years, and not previously shown at or submitted to ArtsWorcester.
3) Artwork must be exhibition-ready, with any required hardware,
picture-hanging wire, and framing as appropriate. No saw-toothed hangers
or clip frames will be accepted. Paintings on canvas do not need to be
framed, but they need wire installed on the back so that we can hang
Photographs and other works on paper should be framed
or matted. Cheap sources of frames: ready-made frames from C.C. Lowell,
Target, or places like T.J. Maxx. Even cheaper: buy a framed work or
poster from a thrift store, throw out the art inside, and use the frame.
Paint it black, if it needs freshening up.
Very large works
on paper (greater than 2-3 feet in any direction) are an exception to
our framing requirements: we can hang them with alternative methods.
4) Two-dimensional works are limited to 60 inches in any direction, including frame.
5) Any single element of a 3-D work is limited to 40 pounds, and must
not exceed 90 inches in height. A 3-D work may have more than one
element in this size.
6) Artists are responsible for delivery and pick-up of the work, and
insurance to and from ArtsWorcester. Professors are often willing to
help with this.
7) Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries.
Please let us know of any questions you may have: 508-755-5142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your submission, and good luck!