CALL FOR ART
About Face: A Members' Exhibition
On view June 20 - August 3, 2019
ArtsWorcester, 44 Portland Street, Worcester
Online Registration Deadline: June 6
Work Drop-Off: June 8, 12-7pm; June 10-13, 12-5pm
Opening Reception: Thursday, June 20, 6-9pm
Collection of unsold works: August 6-8, 12-5pm; August 9-10, 10am-7pm
ArtsWorcester invites members to register work for About Face, a non-juried, open-member exhibition exploring the many forms of portraiture. We seek approaches to likeness, expression, mood, or personality, through representations of individuals, pairs, or groups. Works can be two- or three- dimensional, still or moving images, and formal or informal. All media are accepted.
Five hundred dollars in prizes will be awarded by Lauren Szumita, Curatorial Assistant of Prints, Drawings, and Photographs at the Worcester Art Museum. Prize winners will be announced at the opening reception.
For a quick drop-off, please register work online using this Submittable form by Thursday, June 6.
- Current ArtsWorcester membership is required to participate. If you are unsure of your member status please call the gallery at (508) 755-5142.
- Each artist may register one work of art.
- Work must be original, created within the last ten years, and not previously exhibited at ArtsWorcester.
- Two-dimensional artworks are strictly limited to 48" in any direction, including the frame.
- Three-dimensional artworks are strictly limited to 90” in height, and no single element can exceed 40 pounds.
- Artworks suspended from the ceiling must not exceed 25 pounds.
- Video artists are responsible for providing their own viewing and screening equipment for the duration of the exhibition.
- Works must be exhibition ready with framing and wire as appropriate. Alternative hanging methods (suspended from the ceiling, installed with magnets, etc.) must be tested prior to submission to ensure successful installation, and required hardware must be provided.
- Works must be delivered in person or by proxy. ArtsWorcester cannot accept or return work by shipment.
- Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries.
ArtsWorcester reserves the right to refuse artwork that does not meet submission guidelines.
Please contact the gallery with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (508) 755-5142.