CALL FOR ART
Scaled Down: A Members’ Exhibition
Registration Deadline: October 19
Drop off period: November 2 - November 5, or earlier by appointment
Exhibition run: November 16 - December 17
Reception: November 17, 6:30 - 9:30
To round out the year, ArtsWorcester members are invited to participate in Scaled Down, a non-juried members’ exhibition of small work. All wall-hanging artworks, including sculptures that go on the wall, may not exceed 10” in any direction, including frame. Artworks that go on a pedestal may be no larger than 12” in height and 10” at the widest point.
Beyond the size limit, there is no medium or theme requirement. All media are welcome, including but not limited to painting, sculpture, photography, fiber, fine craft, digital art, and video.
This exhibition will draw many holiday shoppers, as small gifts of art make wonderful presents (your piece does not have to be for sale, of course). Pieces available for purchase must have a minimum price of at least $100.
$500 in prizes will be awarded at the public reception.
Please read this list thoroughly before registering your work. Any works that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- Current ArtsWorcester membership is required to submit. If membership fees are a financial obstacle to participation, please write firstname.lastname@example.org or ask in the galleries about the Pay It Forward Fund.
- Each artist may submit one artwork.
- All work must be original, created within the last five years, and not previously exhibited at ArtsWorcester. For example, a monoprint or screen print is permitted, but a giclee print of a painting is not.
- Two-dimensional or wall-hanging artworks must not exceed 10” in any direction, including frame.
- Three-dimensional artworks are limited to 12” in height and 10” at the widest point.
- Artworks suspended from the ceiling are limited to 25 pounds.
- Works must be exhibition-ready with framing and wire as appropriate. Alternative hanging methods (suspended from the ceiling, installed with magnets, etc.) must be tested prior to submission to ensure successful installation, and additional required hardware must be provided.
- All artwork submissions must include one high-quality image to be included on the exhibition website.
- Artwork must be brought to ArtsWorcester, 44 Portland Street, Worcester, MA during the designated drop off period. ArtsWorcester cannot accept or return artworks by mail.
- Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries.
- Artworks for sale may not be priced lower than $100. Artwork is not required to be for sale.