CALL FOR ART
The Tenth Annual One: A Members’ Exhibition
ArtsWorcester, 44 Portland Street, Worcester MA
Registration Deadline: June 23, 2022
Drop off period: June 30 - July 3, 2022 or earlier by appointment
Exhibition run: July 14 - August 21, 2022
Reception: July 15, 6-9 PM
Pick up period: August 25 - 28, 2022
All ArtsWorcester members are invited to participate in The Tenth Annual One (yes, the tenth!). Bring us the single piece you want to exhibit most, regardless of medium or theme. To make room for all, wall-hanging artworks must not exceed 36” in any direction including frame. Artworks that stand on the floor or on a pedestal are limited to 90” in height and 36” at the widest point.
$500 in prizes will be awarded by Karl Cole, Art Historian and Curator of Images of Davis Publications and Co-Curator of the Davis Art Gallery.
This is a non-juried, open members’ exhibition that has no theme. Each artist may register one work, and all registrations must be made online. All media are welcome, including but not limited to fine craft, painting, photography, sculpture, digital, and video. Have a question about the call, or want to share what you’re thinking of submitting? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the gallery at 508-755-5142.
Please read this list thoroughly before registering your work. Any works that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- Current ArtsWorcester membership is required to submit. If membership fees are a financial obstacle to participation, please write email@example.com or ask in the galleries about the Pay It Forward Fund.
- Each artist may submit one artwork.
- All submissions must be made through this Submittable form.
- All work must be original, created within the last five years, and not previously exhibited at ArtsWorcester. For example, a monoprint or screen print is permitted, but a giclee print of a painting is not.
- Two-dimensional or wall-hanging artworks must not exceed 36” in any direction, including frame.
- Three-dimensional artworks that do not hang on the wall are limited to 90” in height and 36” at the widest point.
- Artworks suspended from the ceiling are limited to 25 pounds.
- Works must be exhibition-ready with framing and wire as appropriate. Alternative hanging methods (suspended from the ceiling, installed with magnets, etc.) must be tested prior to submission to ensure successful installation, and additional required hardware must be provided.
- ArtsWorcester has limited screening devices for video artworks. Video artists may be asked to provide their own screening device that fits the size requirements of two-dimensional artworks.
- All artwork submissions must include one high-quality image to be included on the exhibition website.
- Artwork must be brought to ArtsWorcester, 44 Portland Street, Worcester, MA during the designated drop off period. ArtsWorcester cannot accept or return artworks by mail.
- Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries.