CALL FOR ART
The Nineteenth Annual College Show
A juried, in-person exhibition
Submission Deadline: December 20, 2022
Notifications: by January 11, 2023
Drop off: January 26 - January 29, 2023, or earlier by appointment
Exhibition Dates: February 9 - April 8, 2023
Opening Reception: February 10, 2023, 6-9 PM
After two years of virtual exhibitions, ArtsWorcester’s College Show returns in-person! The Nineteenth Annual College Show is a juried exhibition open to all undergraduate college students studying or residing in Massachusetts, in any major. The deadline to submit is December 20 at midnight. Notifications will be made by January 11, 2023.
The College Show has no theme. Bring us your favorite piece from your art class or your personal artistic practice, or show off your latest experiment. You do not need to be an art student or in an art class to submit.
Students may submit a maximum of three pieces for consideration, and must complete a separate form for each piece. When submitting more than one piece, please return to the original link to make additional submissions.
Submission is free to students of our institutional partners: Anna Maria College, Assumption University, Clark University, College of the Holy Cross, Quinsigamond Community College, and Worcester State University. There is a nonrefundable $5 submission fee per submission for students of any other school.
This is a juried exhibition, meaning that the juror will consider all eligible submissions and select certain artworks to be shown at ArtsWorcester. All media are welcome, including but not limited to fine craft, painting, photography, sculpture, digital, and video. Have a question about the call, or want to share what you’re thinking of submitting? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the gallery at 508-755-5142.
Cash prizes will be awarded and announced at the opening reception. This year’s juror is Ellie Krakow, Assistant Professor of Art and Mazmanian Gallery Director, Framingham State University. Learn more about the juror here.
- Students must be studying or residing in Massachusetts and must be working towards an undergraduate degree in any department in a college or university.
- All artwork must be original, completed within the last two years, and not previously exhibited at ArtsWorcester.
- Students may submit up to three artworks.
- Two-dimensional or wall-hanging artworks must not exceed 48” in any direction, including frame.
- Three-dimensional artworks that do not hang on the wall are limited to 90” in height and 48” at the widest point.
- Artworks suspended from the ceiling are limited to 25 pounds.
- Works must be exhibition-ready with framing and wire as appropriate. Alternative hanging methods (suspended from the ceiling, installed with magnets, etc.) must be tested prior to submission to ensure successful installation, and additional required hardware must be provided.
- ArtsWorcester has limited screening devices for video artworks. Video artists may be asked to provide their own screening device that fits the size requirements of two-dimensional artworks.
- All submissions must include a quality image or video file. If your artwork is accepted by the juror, this is the file that will be shown in the online exhibition.
- Submissions of three-dimensional artworks may include one alternate view image.
- An artist statement is suggested but not required. Statements submitted with accepted works will be published with the online exhibition.
- Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries.
After submission, you will receive a confirmation email from Submittable. If you do not receive this email, contact email@example.com to confirm receipt of your submission