CALL FOR ART
The Eighteenth Annual College Show
A juried, online exhibition at ArtsWorcester
Submission Deadline: January 3, 2022
Online Exhibition Dates: February 1 – March 27, 2022
Student artists, coming to a screen near you! The Eighteenth Annual College Show is a juried, online exhibition open to undergraduate college students in any major. This year, prize winners will be exhibited in-person at ArtsWorcester after the online exhibition goes live. The deadline to submit is Monday, January 3, 2022 at midnight. Notifications will be made by January 19, 2022.
The College Show has no theme. Bring us your favorite piece from your art class or your personal artistic practice, or show off your latest artistic experiment. You do not need to be an art student or be enrolled in an art class to submit.
Students may submit a maximum of three pieces for consideration, and must complete a separate form for each piece. Please return to the original link to make additional submissions.
This is a juried exhibition, meaning that the juror will consider all eligible submissions and select certain artworks to be shown online. This year's juror is Jessica Roscio, Director and Curator, Danforth Art Museum. Jessica Roscio joined the Danforth Art Museum in 2011, was appointed Curator in 2015, and became the Director in 2020. Selected exhibitions include The Memory Palace: Domesticity, Objects, and the Interior, Beautiful Decay, Dressed, Family Circle, Barbara Swan: Reflected Self, and Lois Tarlow: Material Vocabulary. Prior to the Danforth, Roscio held positions at the National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington, D.C., and the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. She taught courses at Emerson College and Suffolk University, and has been a regular contributor to Aspect Initiative, an online gallery focusing on contemporary photography in New England. Roscio has an MA in Art History from the University at Buffalo and a Ph.D. in American Studies, with a focus on the History of Photography, from Boston University.
Cash prizes will be awarded and announced online on Saturday, February 5. Prize winners will be exhibited in-person at ArtsWorcester from February 17 to March 27, 2022.*
*Prize winners will be contacted following the prize announcement to determine their artworks’ eligibility for exhibition. Exhibited prize-winning artworks must be framed as appropriate, and artists must drop off their work at ArtsWorcester.
Email email@example.com with all questions related to submitting to the college show.
- Students must be working towards an undergraduate degree in any department in a college or university.
- All artwork must be original, completed within the last two years, and not previously exhibited at ArtsWorcester.
- Artworks may be any size or media, and depict any theme.
- All submissions must include a quality image or video file. If your artwork is accepted by the juror, this is the file that will be shown in the online exhibition.
- Submissions of three-dimensional artworks may include one alternate view image.
- An artist statement is suggested but not required. Statements submitted with accepted works will be published with the online exhibition.
- Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries. Any work sold must be delivered to ArtsWorcester in person.
Please use the following guidelines to prepare your image or video files:
- Image files must be .jpeg, .jpg, or .png format
- Video files must be .mp4 format
- Files should not exceed 3 MB
- Images should be at least 600 pixels, and not more than 1,200 pixels, in either direction
- Image resolution should be between 72 and 150 dpi
- Two-dimensional artworks should be photographed straight on, and images cropped as close to the edge of the artwork or frame as possible.
- Two-dimensional artworks in frames should be photographed without glass to avoid reflections.
- Three-dimensional artworks should be photographed against a clean, neutral background that does not interfere with the work.
- Files should be labeled with your last name, first name, and artwork title (Last, First_Title).
ArtsWorcester reserves the right to refuse any submissions that do not meet these criteria.
After submission, you will receive a confirmation email from Submittable. If you do not receive this email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm receipt of your submission. Good luck!