CALL FOR ART
Now in Technicolor
ArtsWorcester, 44 Portland Street
Submission Deadline: Thursday, July 1, 2021
Notifications: by July 23, 2021
Drop off period: Thursday, August 5 - Sunday August 8, 2021
Exhibition run: August 19 - September 19, 2021
Juried by: Joshua Croke, Founder, Action By Design; Stephen DiRado, artist and professor; Birgit Straehle, Associate Painting Conservator, Worcester Art Museum and Creative Consultant, Sprinkler Factory Art Gallery.
Color is important to every artwork, but for this show, it’s everything. For this juried exhibition, ArtsWorcester is looking for your brightest, boldest, and most explosive artworks. Turn up the heat this summer with blazing vermillion, vivid cobalt, radioactive yellow, or the color(s) of your choice: bold is the way to go.
Go abstract or approach a familiar subject with a bold palette--just make sure it’s vibrant with color. Artworks may feature a spectrum of colors, or have one dominant color. All media are welcome, including but not limited to: traditional media, fine craft, sculpture, new media.
Five hundred dollars in prizes, funded by Marlene and David Persky and the Artist Prize Fund, will be awarded by the panel of jurors. Click here to meet the panel.
This is a juried exhibition, meaning that the panel of three jurors will consider all eligible submissions and select certain artworks to be shown at ArtsWorcester. All Artist Members may submit up to two pieces for consideration.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the call or submission requirements.
Please read this list thoroughly before submitting your work. Any works that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- Current ArtsWorcester membership is required to submit. If membership fees are a financial obstacle for you, please write email@example.com or ask in the galleries about the Pay It Forward Fund.
- Each artist may submit up to two works of art for consideration. Each artwork must be submitted separately.
- All work must be original, created within the last five years, and not previously exhibited at ArtsWorcester.
- Two-dimensional artworks must not exceed 48” in any direction, including frame.
- Three-dimensional artworks are limited to 90” in height and 48” at the widest point.
- Artworks suspended from the ceiling are limited to 25 pounds.
- Works must be exhibition-ready with framing and wire as appropriate. Alternative hanging methods (suspended from the ceiling, installed with magnets, etc.) must be tested prior to submission to ensure successful installation, and additional required hardware must be provided.
- Video artists must provide their own screening device that fits the size requirements of two-dimensional artworks.
- All artwork submissions must include one high-quality image to be included on the exhibition website.
- Accepted artworks must be brought to ArtsWorcester, 44 Portland Street, Worcester, MA during the designated drop off period. ArtsWorcester cannot accept or return artworks by mail.
- Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries.
After submission you will receive a confirmation email from ArtsWorcester. If you do not receive this email, please contact the gallery to ensure receipt of your submission.