CALL FOR ART
The Seventeenth Annual College Show
A juried, online exhibition at ArtsWorcester
The Seventeenth Annual College Show is a juried, online exhibition open to Worcester-area college students in any major. The deadline to submit is December 11, 2020 at midnight. Notifications will be made by January 4, 2021.
Students may submit a maximum of three pieces for consideration, and will need to complete a separate form for each piece. Please return to the original link to make additional submissions.
This year's juror is Aprile Gallant, Associate Director of Curatorial Affairs and Senior Curator of Prints, Drawings, and Photographs at the Smith College Museum of Art.
Cash prizes will be awarded and announced when the exhibition goes on view.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in one of the following Worcester-area colleges or universities holding an institutional membership in ArtsWorcester: Anna Maria, Assumption, Becker, Clark, Holy Cross, MCPHS, QCC, WSU.
- If you are enrolled full-time in any other college or university, including those outside of Worcester, and have an artist membership, you are also eligible to submit. An annual membership for artists under 30 is $25.
- All artwork must be original, completed within the last two years, and not previously exhibited at ArtsWorcester.
- Works may be any in any size or media, and depict any theme.
- All submissions must include a quality image or video file. If your artwork is accepted, this is the file that will be shown in the online exhibition.
- Submissions of three-dimensional artworks may include one alternate view image.
Please use the following guidelines to prepare your image or video files:
- Image files must be .jpeg, .jpg, or .png format
- Video files must be .mp4 format
- Files should not exceed 3 MB
- Images should be at least 600 pixels, and not more than 1,200 pixels, in either direction
- Image resolution should be between 72 and 150 dpi
- Two-dimensional artworks should be photographed straight on, and images cropped as close to the edge of the artwork or frame as possible.
- Two-dimensional artworks in frames should be photographed without glass to avoid reflections.
- Three-dimensional artworks should be photographed against a clean, neutral background that does not interfere with the work.
- Files should be labeled with your last name, first name, and artwork title (Last, First_Title).
ArtsWorcester reserves the right to refuse any submissions that do not meet these criteria.
Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries. Any work sold must be delivered to ArtsWorcester in person.
Please contact our team at email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for your submission, and good luck!