Thank you for your interest in the Seventeenth Annual College Show. You may submit your artwork at any time, but the deadline is midnight on Friday, December 11, 2020.
Artwork drop-off will take place Tuesday, January 26 - Thursday, January 28, 12-5 PM, and Friday, January 29 - Saturday, January 30, 10 AM - 7 PM. Please do not submit artwork if you are not able to make this commitment.
Please note that you may submit a maximum of three pieces. Each artwork must have a unique name, and you will need to complete a separate form for each piece. Our guidelines:
- You must be enrolled in a Worcester-area college or university holding an institutional membership in ArtsWorcester (Anna Maria, Assumption, Becker, Clark, Holy Cross, MCPHS, QCC, WSU, WPI). If you are enrolled in any other college or university, including those outside of Worcester, and have a Student Membership, you are also eligible to submit.
- Artwork must be original, completed in the last two years, and not previously shown at or submitted to ArtsWorcester.
- Artwork must be exhibition-ready, with any required hardware, picture-hanging wire, and framing as appropriate. No saw-toothed hangers or clip frames will be accepted. Paintings on canvas do not need to be framed, but they need wire installed on the back so that we can hang them.
- Photographs and other works on paper should be framed or matted. Cheap sources of frames: ready-made frames from C.C. Lowell, A.C. Moore, Target, or places like T.J. Maxx. Even cheaper: buy a framed work or poster from a thrift store, throw out the art inside, and use the frame. Paint it black, if it needs freshening up.
- Very large works on paper (greater than 2-3 feet in any direction) are an exception to our framing requirements: we can hang them with alternative methods.
- Two-dimensional works are limited to 60 inches in any direction, including frame.
- Any single element of a 3-D work is limited to 50 pounds, and must not exceed 90 inches in height. A 3-D work may have more than one element in this size.
- Artists are responsible for delivery and pick-up of the work, and insurance to and from ArtsWorcester. Professors are occasionally willing to help with delivery.
- Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries. Sales happen every year, so be sure to cover your own expenses (at the very least) when you determine a price for your work.
Please let us know of any questions you may have: 508-755-5142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your submission, and good luck!