CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2020
Notifications: By the end of June, 2020
ArtsWorcester invites proposals for member-curated shows for our 2020-2021 gallery season. Proposals are evaluated by a panel of seven volunteers, all with extensive experience as curators, educators, collectors, and/or artists. All proposals are viewed anonymously.
New this year, member-curated exhibitions offer artist members an opportunity to propose, curate, and install an exhibition of 10-14 two-dimensional works in our Central Corridor Gallery. All artists included in a member-curated proposal must be members of ArtsWorcester in good standing at the time of submission. These exhibitions are an opportunity for artist members to pilot an artistic idea, and to gain experience with the curation and production of an exhibition.
With guidance from ArtsWorcester staff, artists will be responsible for installing works; and, if desired, producing their exhibition cards, opening or closing reception, artists talks, or other programming.
Learn about our exhibition venues.
Download a copy of our submission guidelines.
Meet this year’s Exhibitions Panel.
General Requirements and Information:
- Current ArtsWorcester membership is required for all artists at the time of submission. There is no geographic restriction on membership, but artists (or their proxy) must deliver and pick up all artwork.
- Artists must have exhibited in at least one members or juried exhibition at ArtsWorcester prior to submitting an exhibition proposal, but the artists they hope to include in their proposed exhibition need only be members in good standing.
- All submissions must be made electronically using this Submittable form. Hard-copy and email submissions will not be accepted.
- Artists may submit one member-curated proposal. Inclusion in another artist’s member-curated proposal does not disqualify you from making your own submission.
- Exhibited works must have been completed within the last ten years and not previously shown at ArtsWorcester.
- All works must be two-dimensional, and will be installed and secured using an Arakawa hanging system.
- Proposals must be original, and must not have been submitted to any prior exhibition calls at ArtsWorcester.
- Artists earn 60% on sales made through our galleries.
- While on view through ArtsWorcester, all artwork is insured for its market value.
- An exhibition proposal, not to exceed 175 words, that describes the scope of your proposed exhibition.
- Answers, each not to exceed 100 words, to the following questions: How complete is your proposed exhibition? What one to three ideas, concepts, or experiences does this exhibition communicate? What artistic inspirations or traditions guided or influenced this exhibition? How are the methods or techniques used important to this exhibition?
- A curriculum vitae or artist resumé for each artist included in the proposal.
- 5-10 images of works (each a maximum of 2 MB, or 300 dpi at 100% size). Please include at least one image from each artist included in this proposal.
After submitting your proposal, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email please contact the gallery to confirm receipt: firstname.lastname@example.org or (508) 755-5142