- You must be a member of ArtsWorcester to exhibit through us. Membership is $55 annually, and is tax-deductible (free of charge to students of Worcester-area colleges or universities). You may join or renew through our website (artsworcester.org), by telephone (508-755-5142), or during our gallery hours.
- Artwork must be original and ready for exhibition, with hardware, picture-hanging wire, and framing as appropriate. No saw-toothed hangers or clip frames will be accepted.
- Work must be completed within the last ten years (for the College Show, not within the last two years).
- Work must not have been previously shown at ArtsWorcester.
- Two-dimensional works are limited to 48 inches in any direction, including the frame.
- Three-dimensional works may not exceed 90 inches in height. No single element of a sculpture may exceed 40 pounds in weight.
- Artists are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of their works, and insurance to and from ArtsWorcester.
- Sales are encouraged. A 40% commission will be deducted from all sales.
- ArtsWorcester insures all works in our exhibits against loss or damage at 60% of its value. Work will not be accepted without a declared value. ArtsWorcester exercises due care in handling all artwork.
- For juried exhibits, all decisions of the juror are final.
- ArtsWorcester reserves the right to take photographs and to use images of exhibited artwork for the purposes of documentation, education, publicity (including internet), and for grant proposals.
We invite all ArtsWorcester members to participate in A Matter of Perspective, an open-member exhibition in collaboration with the Fitchburg Art Museum. All members may display one work of art in this exhibit.
Perspective can be formal, determined by line, optics, and geometry, or thematic, originating from a particular reference point onto the world.
A landscape can be seen from the perspective of a bird or a worm; a self-portrait made from what you see in your mirror or how you imagine another sees you; the same person or object can be portrayed differently depending on one's cultural viewpoint.
For our seventh annual Call and Response* with the Fitchburg Art Museum, we invite you to create or select a work that considers what we see, and how we see it.
On view now on our Flickr page are ten works from FAM’s permanent collection to start you thinking about your submission.
Curatorial staff from FAM will select ten works from this exhibition to go on view there during the summer of 2019.
Please register your artwork online by Monday, October 1, 2018.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
Artist Viewing Party:
Saturday, September 8, 2018, 3:00 - 5:00 PM.
Join us for a casual, artist-only viewing party of the works on loan from FAM. Meet other artists, network, brainstorm, and find inspiration for your submission. Bring your sketchbooks, business cards, and thinking caps!
Online Registration Deadline:
Monday, October 1, 2018.
Delivery of Artwork to 660 Main Street:
Wednesday, October 3 – Saturday, October 6, 2018, 12:00 - 4:00 PM
Friday, October 12, 2018, 6:00 - 9:00 PM.
Wednesday - Saturday, 12:00 - 4:00 PM, and by appointment.
Collection of Unsold Artwork:
Wednesday, November 7 - Saturday, November 10, 2018, 12:00 - 4:00 PM, and by appointment.
*Call and Response is a series of annual, open-member exhibitions produced in collaboration with the Fitchburg Art Museum. Members create or submit art in response to works on loan from FAM’s permanent collection, which are selected to fit a new theme every year. The FAM curatorial staff chooses ten member artworks to be displayed at the museum the following summer. To date, some sixty artists have received museum exhibition credentials through this partnership.
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 College Show. You may submit your artwork at any time, but the deadline is midnight on Saturday, December 1, 2018.
By submitting, you commit to bringing your artwork (or have a friend bring it) to ArtsWorcester between 12:00 and 4:00 PM on the following dates:
- Wednesday, January 23
- Thursday, January 24
- Friday, January 25
- Saturday, January 26
Please do not submit artwork if you are not able to make this commitment.
Please note that you may submit a maximum of three pieces. If you do submit multiple pieces, please make sure to give each artwork a unique name. You'll need to do a separate upload for each piece. Our guidelines:
- You must be enrolled in a Worcester-area college or university holding an institutional membership in ArtsWorcester.
- Artwork must be original, completed in the last two years, and not previously shown at or submitted to ArtsWorcester.
- Artwork must be exhibition-ready, with any required hardware, picture-hanging wire, and framing as appropriate. No saw-toothed hangers or clip frames will be accepted. Paintings on canvas do not need to be framed, but they need wire installed on the back so that we can hang them.
- Photographs and other works on paper should be framed or matted. Cheap sources of frames: ready-made frames from C.C. Lowell, Target, or places like T.J. Maxx. Even cheaper: buy a framed work or poster from a thrift store, throw out the art inside, and use the frame. Paint it black, if it needs freshening up.
- Very large works on paper (greater than 2-3 feet in any direction) are an exception to our framing requirements: we can hang them with alternative methods.
- Two-dimensional works are limited to 60 inches in any direction, including frame.
- Any single element of a 3-D work is limited to 40 pounds, and must not exceed 90 inches in height. A 3-D work may have more than one element in this size.
- Artists are responsible for delivery and pick-up of the work, and insurance to and from ArtsWorcester. Professors are occasionally willing to help with delivery.
- Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries. Sales happen every year, so be sure to cover your own expenses (at the very least) when you determine a price for your work.
Please let us know of any questions you may have: 508-755-5142 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your submission, and good luck!
Take a turn at being a featured member of ArtsWorcester! Answer a few interview questions and provide an image of yourself and an artwork, and we'll feature you on our website and social media feeds at some point during the upcoming year. This opportunity is open to all artist members. This has proven a popular member benefit; you should be prepared for a delay of some months before yours appears.
We will edit for clarity and length if need be. If your written material is not ready for the public yet, we'll ask you to take another try at it and make some suggestions as to how it can best showcase your work.
Thanks for your participation and membership!