- You must be a member of ArtsWorcester to exhibit through us. Membership is $55 annually, and is tax-deductible (free of charge to students of Worcester-area colleges or universities). You may join or renew through our website (artsworcester.org), by telephone (508-755-5142), or during our gallery hours.
- Artwork must be original and ready for exhibition, with hardware, picture-hanging wire, and framing as appropriate. No saw-toothed hangers or clip frames will be accepted.
- Work must be completed within the last ten years (for the College Show, not within the last two years).
- Work must not have been previously shown at ArtsWorcester.
- Two-dimensional works are limited to 48 inches in any direction, including the frame.
- Three-dimensional works may not exceed 90 inches in height. No single element of a sculpture may exceed 40 pounds in weight.
- Artists are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of their works, and insurance to and from ArtsWorcester.
- Sales are encouraged. A 40% commission will be deducted from all sales.
- ArtsWorcester insures all works in our exhibits against loss or damage at 60% of its value. Work will not be accepted without a declared value. ArtsWorcester exercises due care in handling all artwork.
- For juried exhibits, all decisions of the juror are final.
- ArtsWorcester reserves the right to take photographs and to use images of exhibited artwork for the purposes of documentation, education, publicity (including internet), and for grant proposals.
- Two-dimensional works are limited to 60 inches in any direction, including frame.
- Any single element of a 3-D work is limited to 40 pounds, and must not exceed 90 inches in height.
This year, $500 in awards will be divided among three artists exhibiting in One.
Please register your work before June 7, here.
Drop-off: Thursday, June 8, Friday, June 9, and Saturday, June 10, from 12:00 to 4:00 PM (same time as pick-up from The Seventeenth Biennial).
Opening reception: Friday, June 16, 6:00 to 8:00 PM
Gallery hours: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 12:00 to 4:00
PM, and by appointment. The gallery will be closed over the Fourth of July weekend.
Collection of unsold artwork: July 19, 20, 21, or 22 between 12:00 – 4:00 PM.
By submitting, you commit to bringing your artwork to ArtsWorcester between 12:00 and 4:00 PM on Wednesday, January 24, Thursday, January 25 , Friday, January 26, and Saturday, January 27, from 12-4 PM, or by appointment. Please do not submit artwork if you are not able to make this commitment.
Please note that you may submit a maximum of three pieces. You'll need to do a separate upload for each piece. Our guidelines:
1) You must be enrolled in a Worcester-area college or university holding an institutional membership in ArtsWorcester. (All but MCPHS are members; if you attend MCPHS, just call and we can figure something out.)
2) Artwork must be original, completed in the last two years, and not previously shown at or submitted to ArtsWorcester.
3) Artwork must be exhibition-ready, with any required hardware,
picture-hanging wire, and framing as appropriate. No saw-toothed hangers
or clip frames will be accepted. Paintings on canvas do not need to be
framed, but they need wire installed on the back so that we can hang
Photographs and other works on paper should be framed
or matted. Cheap sources of frames: ready-made frames from C.C. Lowell,
Target, or places like T.J. Maxx. Even cheaper: buy a framed work or
poster from a thrift store, throw out the art inside, and use the frame.
Paint it black, if it needs freshening up.
Very large works
on paper (greater than 2-3 feet in any direction) are an exception to
our framing requirements: we can hang them with alternative methods.
4) Two-dimensional works are limited to 60 inches in any direction, including frame.
5) Any single element of a 3-D work is limited to 40 pounds, and must
not exceed 90 inches in height. A 3-D work may have more than one
element in this size.
6) Artists are responsible for delivery and pick-up of the work, and
insurance to and from ArtsWorcester. Professors are often willing to
help with this.
7) Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries.Please let us know of any questions you may have: 508-755-5142 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your submission, and good luck!