ArtsWorcester engages artists and the public to advance and celebrate contemporary art. Through exhibitions and workshops, we advance the careers of contemporary artists in all traditions and mediums, and cultivate excellence through competitive opportunities and prizes. Our exhibiting artists include those just beginning their practice, those with established reputations, and those in between. Public openings, artist talks, events, outreach, and education grow the audiences for art in our region. All are welcome.
ArtsWorcester membership is required to submit work and exhibit through our galleries. Membership is open to all, and is free to students enrolled in Worcester-area colleges or universities.
Artists Yearbook Project
Registration Deadline: January 1, 2021
While we have been apart for so much of it so far, we are going through the historic year of 2020 together.
ArtsWorcester seeks to create a collaborative artefact of this moment, and this artistic community. Take your place in the 2020 Artist Yearbook.
In the medium of your choice, create a figurative self-portrait that depicts your face, in the same format as a yearbook photograph. This call is for representational self-depictions, not interpretations of an emotion or state of mind. We are calling for electronic submissions of the photograph of your completed self-portrait, not the artwork itself.
This project is not a gallery exhibition. It will begin as an electronic publication, and if participation and interest merit, we’ll take orders for print copies. This project is open to all ArtsWorcester members, and is not juried.
Please submit a photograph of your self-portrait that meets the following specifications:
- jpg, jpeg, or png files only
- no larger than 3MB
- image should be 300 dpi
- image should be 3:4 aspect ratio, with a portrait/vertical orientation
Because we want to create a historic record, we also ask that you include your primary artwork medium (in no more than 22 characters) on the submission form. This need not be the medium in which your self-portrait is made.
This is a pilot, and we’ll be figuring out its potential future as we go along.
Let’s make a souvenir of a time we will never forget.
Take a turn at being a Featured Artist at ArtsWorcester! Answer a few questions, provide a headshot and an image of your artwork, and we’ll feature you on our website and social media feeds. This opportunity is open to all artist members and has proven a popular benefit; please be prepared for a delay before yours appears.
We will edit for clarity and length as necessary. If your written material is not ready for the public quite yet, we’ll ask you to take another try at it.
Thanks for your participation and membership!
You have been nominated by faculty at your college or university to be one of ArtsWorcester's Featured College Artists! Answer a few questions, provide a photograph of yourself and an image of your artwork, and we'll feature you alongside the rest of our Featured Artist Members on our website and social media feeds. Your feature may not be posted immediately, but will be scheduled to go live over the course of the year.
We will edit for clarity and length as necessary. If your written material is not ready for the public quite yet, we'll ask you to take another try at it.
Thanks for your participation and membership!
CALL FOR ART
The Seventeenth Annual College Show
A juried, online exhibition at ArtsWorcester
The Seventeenth Annual College Show is a juried, online exhibition open to Worcester-area college students in any major. The deadline to submit is December 11, 2020 at midnight. Notifications will be made by January 4, 2021.
Students may submit a maximum of three pieces for consideration, and will need to complete a separate form for each piece. Please return to the original link to make additional submissions.
This year's juror is Aprile Gallant, Associate Director of Curatorial Affairs and Senior Curator of Prints, Drawings, and Photographs at the Smith College Museum of Art.
Cash prizes will be awarded and announced when the exhibition goes on view.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in one of the following Worcester-area colleges or universities holding an institutional membership in ArtsWorcester: Anna Maria, Assumption, Becker, Clark, Holy Cross, MCPHS, QCC, WSU.
- If you are enrolled full-time in any other college or university, including those outside of Worcester, and have an artist membership, you are also eligible to submit. An annual membership for artists under 30 is $25.
- All artwork must be original, completed within the last two years, and not previously exhibited at ArtsWorcester.
- Works may be any in any size or media, and depict any theme.
- All submissions must include a quality image or video file. If your artwork is accepted, this is the file that will be shown in the online exhibition.
- Submissions of three-dimensional artworks may include one alternate view image.
Please use the following guidelines to prepare your image or video files:
- Image files must be .jpeg, .jpg, or .png format
- Video files must be .mp4 format
- Files should not exceed 3 MB
- Images should be at least 600 pixels, and not more than 1,200 pixels, in either direction
- Image resolution should be between 72 and 150 dpi
- Two-dimensional artworks should be photographed straight on, and images cropped as close to the edge of the artwork or frame as possible.
- Two-dimensional artworks in frames should be photographed without glass to avoid reflections.
- Three-dimensional artworks should be photographed against a clean, neutral background that does not interfere with the work.
- Files should be labeled with your last name, first name, and artwork title (Last, First_Title).
ArtsWorcester reserves the right to refuse any submissions that do not meet these criteria.
Artists receive sixty percent of each sale made through our galleries. Any work sold must be delivered to ArtsWorcester in person.
Please contact our team at email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for your submission, and good luck!