- You must be a member of ArtsWorcester to exhibit through us. Membership is $55 annually, and is tax-deductible (free of charge to students of Worcester-area colleges or universities). You may join or renew through our website (artsworcester.org), by telephone (508-755-5142), or during our gallery hours.
- Artwork must be original and ready for exhibition, with hardware, picture-hanging wire, and framing as appropriate. No saw-toothed hangers or clip frames will be accepted.
- Work must be completed within the last ten years (for the College Show, not within the last two years).
- Work must not have been previously shown at ArtsWorcester.
- Two-dimensional works are limited to 48 inches in any direction, including the frame.
- Three-dimensional works may not exceed 90 inches in height. No single element of a sculpture may exceed 40 pounds in weight.
- Artists are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of their works, and insurance to and from ArtsWorcester.
- Sales are encouraged. A 40% commission will be deducted from all sales.
- ArtsWorcester insures all works in our exhibits against loss or damage at 60% of its value. Work will not be accepted without a declared value. ArtsWorcester exercises due care in handling all artwork.
- For juried exhibits, all decisions of the juror are final.
- ArtsWorcester reserves the right to take photographs and to use images of exhibited artwork for the purposes of documentation, education, publicity (including internet), and for grant proposals.
Take a turn at being a featured member of ArtsWorcester! Answer a few interview questions and provide an image of yourself and an artwork, and we'll feature you on our website and social media feeds at some point during the upcoming year. This opportunity is open to all artist members. This has proven a popular member benefit; you should be prepared for a delay of some months before yours appears.
We will edit for clarity and length if need be. If your written material is not ready for the public yet, we'll ask you to take another try at it and make some suggestions as to how it can best showcase your work.
Thanks for your participation and membership!
By submitting, you commit to bringing your artwork to ArtsWorcester, 44 Portland Street, between 12:00 and 4:00 PM on the following dates:
- Wednesday, January 23
- Thursday, January 24
- Friday, January 25
- Saturday, January 26
- If you are unable to bring your artwork to ArtsWorcester during one of these scheduled times, you must contact the gallery to make an appointment.
Please note that you may submit a maximum of three pieces. If you do submit multiple pieces, please make sure to give each artwork a unique name. You'll need to do a separate upload for each piece. Our guidelines:
- You must be enrolled in a Worcester-area college or university holding
an institutional membership in ArtsWorcester.
- Artwork must be original, completed in the last two years, and not previously shown at or submitted to ArtsWorcester.
Artwork must be exhibition-ready, with any required hardware,
picture-hanging wire, and framing as appropriate. No saw-toothed hangers
or clip frames will be accepted. Paintings on canvas do not need to be
framed, but they need wire installed on the back so that we can hang
- Photographs and other works on paper should be framed
or matted. Cheap sources of frames: ready-made frames from C.C. Lowell,
Target, or places like T.J. Maxx. Even cheaper: buy a framed work or
poster from a thrift store, throw out the art inside, and use the frame.
Paint it black, if it needs freshening up.
- Very large works on paper (greater than 2-3 feet in any direction) are an exception to our framing requirements: we can hang them with alternative methods.
Thank you for your submission, and good luck!
We invite all ArtsWorcester members to participate in The Sixth Annual One, our summer members' exhibition--and the last one we'll run in this series as we prepare for new programming in our new home! Bring us the single piece you want to exhibit most, regardless of medium or theme. The usual size and weight limitations apply:
• Two-dimensional works are limited to 60 inches in any direction, including frame.
• Any single element of a 3-D work is limited to 40 pounds, and must not exceed 90 inches in height.
• Suspended works are limited to 10 pounds.
This year, $500 in prizes will be awarded by Lauren Riviello, executive director of the Brookline Arts Center.
For a quick drop-off, please register your artwork by Wednesday, May 30.
Drop-off: Wednesday, May 30, Thursday, May 31, Friday, June 1, and Saturday, June 2, from 12:00 to 4:00 PM.
Opening reception: Friday, June 15, 6:00 to 9:00 PM. Prize winners will be announced at the opening.
Gallery hours: June 16 through July 15, 2018 (extended run; closed the week of July 4): Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 12:00 to 4:00 PM, and by appointment.
Collection of unsold artwork: Wednesday, July 18, Thursday, July 19, Friday, July 20 and Saturday, July 21, from 12:00 to 4:00 PM, and by appointment.